Request received from:
1. Currently how many vascular surgeons are working at your trust, please include w.t.e for consultants and numbers of junior doctors?
2. What on call rota do the vascular surgical consultants cover currently?
3. What catchment area do they cover?
4. Is a review planned or has one been performed regarding vascular surgery reconfiguration in your area, please provide dates of review?
5. If a review has occurred what was the outcome?
6. Will there be centralisation of services in your area?
7. If there is centralisation which will be the hub hospital, how many consultant vascular surgeons will be employed (w.t.e), what rota will be employed and what catchment area will be covered?
1. The Trust has 4 Vascular Surgeons, all working 10 sessions per week. There are 2 Registrars and 5 Junior doctors (although 3 of these are Vascular/Urology).
2. The Vascular Surgical Consultants cover the general surgical rota and a vascular rota.
3. The Trust links with Dumfries & Galloway to cover the Solway Basin for vascular emergencies.
4. Cumbria & Lancashire network are currently reviewing the delivery of vascular services within this area.
5. The outcome of this review is not yet available.
6. A decision depends on the outcome of the review, which is not yet available
7. The plan that the Trust has submitted for review describes the Cumberland Infirmary as the hub hospital. The plan describes a team of 6 vascular surgeons who will work a 1:5 rota. The catchment area described is North Cumbria and Dumfries and Galloway i.e. the Solway basin covered now for emergency vascular services.