The Cumberland Infirmary
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery); MS (Master of Surgery Trauma & Orthopaedics); MRCS Ed (Member of the Royal College of Surgeons - Edinburgh
Treatment and procedures
Acquired Brain injury Rehabilitation; Spinal injuries Rehabilitation; Amputee & Prosthetic Rehabilitation; Botulinum Toxin injections; Intra-articular injections; Intrathecal Baclofen injection; Baclofen pump implantation and refill
Clinical Interests / specialist areas
Botulinum toxin injections in Spasticity management; Dystonia and Salivary glands; Complex spasticity management by Intrathecal Baclofen injections and refill
GMC, BSRM, MDS
A clinical prospective study of 20 cases of LUMBAR CANAL STENOSIS. This study lasted over period of 30 months and it was submitted and accepted as partial fulfilment for MS in orthopaedics. This project gave me experience in organising a research project, submitting a protocol and review of literature.
I am working on a Research project. The aim of the study is "The effect of baseline Vitamin D level in the outcome of treatment in patients with Osteoporosis". I have gone through 850 patients out of whom 84 had definite osteoporosis. The research didn’t show any correlation with Vitamin D level and outcome with treatment. We are exploring it further to find out any other correlations like age, body weight etc.
2007 Best poster prize award in BSRM winter meeting in Newcastle; 2010 Best poster prize award in 17th European Congress for Physical medicine and Rehabilitation, Venice, Italy.
1. Yogendrasinh Jagatsinh et al. AN UNUSUAL COMPLICATION OF PERCUTANEOUS ENDOSCOPIC GASTROSTOMY TUBES - Care of the Critically Ill 2006 22(2): 45-46.
2. Jagatsinh Y, Quadri S. Cervical spinal cord injury in playing golf - A Case Report. Indian J Orthop 2006;40:273-273
3. Jagatsinh Y. Guillain-Barre syndrome: A possibility in a spinal cord injured patient. Indian J Orthop 2007;41:239-240
4. Jagatsinh Y. Intrathecal baclofen : Its effect on symptoms and activities of daily living in Severe spasticity due to spinal cord injuries : A pilot study. Indian J Orthop 2009;43:46-9
5. Jagatsinh Y. Lost to follow up: What are the implications? Wayahead MS Sclerosis Trust March 2009; 13 (2): 8-9
6. Jagatsinh Y. Cauda equina syndrome: A rare complication in intensive care. Indian J Orthop 2009;43:309-11